Friday, November 21, 2008

What could of happened?


Today I was swimming 900+ yards at my usual pool. At the tail end of my Main Set I started getting nauseated. I had to talk myself into finishing the set. During each remaining lap .. I could feel myself having increased motion sickness. I had a remaining 200 yards to finish as my Warm Down.. I ended up stopping at a 125 yards in because I almost vomited in the pool. I drove home immediately and was just finding parking when I ended up vomiting on the street. I just ended up going to bed and napping for a few hours. I am still not 100% and am not sure what brought it on.
Possible reasons:
1) I am very sensitive and get motion sick very easily. Maybe because the duration of my swim is now longer..im finding myself effected by it. *Lets hope not!
2) Dehydration: maybe I just didnt drink enough fluids
3) Clogged ears: maybe an inner ear issue *Will buy ear plugs to see if that helps
4) Doing a 1 1/2 hr Bikrim Yoga prior to a swim workout *Note to self DON'T EVER do again with ANY workout
5) Lunch: I had a yucky, overpriced egg salad sandwich.. maybe that could of done it.

All these issues above will certainly be addressed. I can handle most anything with the exception of nausea. :O(

***Today I discovered you can get chafing from your bathing suit. Who knew?! I have a few "raspberries" under my left armpit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When you start doing longer swim workouts, you also need to be on the look out for chafing on your neck - super awesome because it can look like you have a hickey!