Sunday, November 23, 2008

The end of Week 2



Lets just break this up into days:

SATURDAY (11/22): Basically set up a 9 am spin class on the waters edge in Richmond. We had a beautiful view as you can see. We did hill intervals for about an hour then jumped off our bikes and ran for another hour.

HIGHLIGHT: After the workout, I left Richmond and drove all the way back to Oakland to a car wash. I realized at the car wash that I had left the keys to my roof rack on top of the car. I searched everywhere.. on top of the car where I had placed it, in my car and in all my belongings. I ended up driving all the way back to Richmond in hopes of finding my keys in the parking lot. No keys were to be found. Again I searched my car inside and out. As I was about to get in my car, I decided to peek again at the top of my car. I had found my keys! They were still there just slightly further back and wedged under the roof rack. All I could think was how absolutely blessed I was at that moment!

Later this evening I was hosting a Studio 54 Fundraiser at a local Club. Pictures to be posted later.






SUNDAY (11/23): I woke up with a beer headache and still slightly intoxicated from the festivities of the evening prior. **Just so you know.. I did not drink but maybe 2 or 3 beers** To try to hasten a faster recovery I immediately took Exedrine, purchased a GIANT Big Gulp and consumed a very greasy sausage biscuit from the local Burger King!
Somehow I was able to convince my good friend Maria to join myself and my teammates Tony and Jennifer for a 45 mile bike ride in Danville.

HIGHLIGHTS:

-I was still slightly intoxicated until about mile 11 or so **Consuming any alcohol prior to a next day workout doesn't really hurt at the time but it definitely SUCKS the next day!

-I am becoming a "Snot Rocket" expert. Hey your on the bike for a minimum of 45 miles.. desperate times call for desperate measures!

-Im feeling kinda "RAW" in the area of my "unmentionables". Im wondering.. has anyone ever started a long ride and by the end of the ride.. be worried like me... Can you actually "lose parts" from riding so long. My friend Maria says that everything will "toughen up". Really? Do I really want things to "toughen" up? I just want to know that im going to be okay and not do any permanent damage to myself.

-Trying to reclip in after a complete stop was also brutal on my "unmentionables". I would try to clip in and miss, causing me to hit my bike seat pretty hard. I don't know how guys would even deal with it... cause good God! **Im only sharing these details because its my blog and these things DID AND DO HAPPEN!**

-I CRASHED! I had the most SUPER AWESOME downhill and at the end of it was a stop sign. I was so thrilled by my crazy downhill, that as I was slowing towards the stop sign, I was being indecisive as to wether I wanted to come to a complete stop. I was looking for traffic on either side of the road ahead but in the meantime I forgot to unclip one of my shoes from the pedal. Needles to say, I had a brain meltdown and couldn't absorb doing so many thing at once. So I ended up crashing on my right side. I bruised up my thigh and elbow but walked away basically unscathed.

-I was told by Maria that we actually clocked in closer to 49 miles! WAHOOOOOOO!

No comments: