Sunday, November 16, 2008

Many Firsts...




Today I was supposed to do the 30 mile flat ride that hadn't manifested yesterday. My friend Maria and I decided instead to do the Three Bears in Orinda. This route consisted of 3 different hills varying in distance and climb. I was offered a number of times that after the 1st hill that we could opt to turn around and do a much flatter part of the route, NOT ME...... I actually went for it! The hills were challenging at certain points causing me to curse aloud through my heavy breathing. My reward after each hill was a wonderful and very fast downhill.. IT WAS AWESOME and AMAZING!! The route we took was only 24 miles but considering our venue, I didn't feel like I slighted myself in any way. This was actually my very first time out on my new bike, on this route and the furthest i've ever ridden. So i'm pretty damned proud of myself! There was not even one Skid, Crash, Boom or Bang the entire day either.

WARNING MAY BE GROSS TO READ: I also, for the very first time EVER... blew a snot rocket! I have always said it was a disgusting habit and that I would NEVER do such a thing. Well today that changed.. it was successful but still very gross! For those of you who do not know what that is... it's when you cannot blow your nose and you really, really feel like you need to. You pinch one nostril and blow hard.. just be sure it's clear in the direction you are blowing. Maria thankfully was far ahead of me and could not witness my gross actions.

To top off my very successful day... I was at a second hand store and found this very kool bike jersey for only $14.00, generally they can run $80.00 or more! What a fantastic day...good friends, a fun and challenging ride, new and gross habits and a great bargain!

24 miles @ 2:05
Don't forget why i'm doing this. Please donate to my Cause: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/VineFIrn09/bagamaite

1 comment:

SDCrawford said...

EBay has the occasional bargain cycle jersey. I have found 2 already.