Monday, December 22, 2008

First Meltdown



Tonight was the very first time since the start of training that I had a meltdown. I questioned my sanity, my capability, my commitment.. whether or not I could actually complete my ultimate goal of finishing a full Ironman. I fell apart completely during the coached swim workout. I was overwhelmed with a sense of panic...sobbing in the pool, unable to control my tears. I had never been so challenged physically. If I already feel like I may drown in the pool... then how in the hell am I ever going to be able to swim 2.4 miles? I actually allowed myself to admit that was scared to death that I would not be able to complete the swim. Thankfully I have great teammates. I was given words of encouragement and shared stories of personal experiences. Tonight was a tough night but tomorrow brings in a new day to try again.
Please remember im doing my part. I won't quit ... if you promise not to quit on me. Together we can make a difference. Please choose a cause and donate today. With love and many happy wishes for the holidays, Belinda

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You can do it, you will not drown, worse comes to worse, you'll float a little, recoup and then get back into it, just like life! Welcome to the humans power woman, the rest of us have off days all the damn time, cry, breakdown, feel like we can't make it, it's good that you're not just a cyborg exercise machine! Now get back in that pool and show it who's running shit--YOU!!

Jeanette said...

Hang in there honey. I know you have it in you to do the damn thang! We all have our meltdowns from time to time and they do pass. So, get your ass in gear and do what I know you can do........Kick butt!
Love ya bunches!