Thursday, June 11, 2009

JULY 1 DEADLINE ... I NEED YOUR HELP




Hi everyone..as you know, I have just returned from completing the AIDS Life Cycle Ride. A 545 mile bicycle journey from San Francisco to LA. I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone that supported me both monetarily and emotionally! Without any of you, I could not have completed such a remarkable challenge!

As all of you know, I have been training since November 2008 for my full Ironman event in Sonoma (Vineman) on August 1, 2009. If you have forgotten, that includes a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike ride and 26.2 mile run. I am participating in this event to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). Each donation helps accelerate finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma. More than 823,000 Americans are battling these blood cancers. I am hoping that my participation in Team In Training will help bring them hope and support.

This is where YOU come in. I NEED YOUR HELP.... Its crunch time again and I am short on meeting my fundraising goal. My deadline is fast approaching. All fundraising goals must be met by July 1, 2009. That's just a few short weeks away. Through tears, laughter, early mornings in frigid waters, late nights in a gym, long hours training in the hot sun, sore muscles and various moments of just wanting to walk away ... I have pushed through time and again. Physically I am ready to rise to the challenge on August 1st. If you have not donated already or simply would like to make another donation, great or small...Would you do so now? Every donation is tax deductible. Its simple and easy to do.
Just go to:

http://pages.teamintraining.org/sf/VineFIrn09/bagamaite or just click on the IRONTEAM logo in the right column

Thank you all again for everything throughout these past 7 months! Much love to all!!! Belinda

No comments: