Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Letter From One Of Our Honorees


Hi all,

I wanted to send you a quick note to say hello and to thank you for
being part of Ironteam.  You all know what Ironteam symbolizes to the
group but I am not sure if any of the honorees have shared what
Ironteam means to them.

Ironteam is a team made up of all kinds of people, men and women of
all age groups, some fast, some not so fast.  You all have different
strengths on the swim, bike and run.  For some it may come easy, and
for some it is more of a challenge.  Then you also have to add
nutrition in some format liquid, or not.  You all also add to your hat
fundraising, and that is not any easy thing to do.  You give up most
of your personal lives so that others can live, and

The one thing you all have in common is the passion to find a cure for
cancer, and are relentless about giving up, just like cancers
survivors we are relentless about giving up.  Many regardless of how
hard they fought were not able to overcome the horrible disease.
While people are surviving cancer there are still not enough people,
everyone deserves a to survive cancer.

You all have your own reasons for being part of the cure for cancer
and I am proud of each and everyone of you.  I would have rather been
out playing with my friends, or ridining my bike than being sick in
bed from my cancer treatment.

I didn't have a choice but to fight, and you do - so when you climbing
up a hill that you just want turn turn around or wait to be picked up,
think of the children, men and women whom are not able to be outside
or enjoying time with their loved ones.

These women and men are you - the ironteam - Go Long, Go Strong, GO
Ironteam
YOU ROCK!

Honoree Kev
(Clink linkg for a photo of me from my childhood)

http://www1.snapfish.com/slideshow/AlbumID=140909062/PictureID=2599009713/a=1023984_1023984/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish

No comments: